We encourage all practices to call 785-424-8805 to refer a patient to us. This ensures that the most appropriate appointment type is selected on behalf of the patient.
A phone call is the most preferred way of referral especially for emergency patients.
If you are sending us a fax (913-229-7030), a mail (1429 Oread West St, 110A, Lawrence, KS 66049), or Direct Messaging via EMR (email@example.com) to refer a patient, please send us their demographic information, insurance information, and a note to clarify the urgency of the appointment.
PATIENT INFORMATION WE NEED:
- Email address (primary way to send patient paperwork) and or mailing address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Type of insurance, Member ID, primary holder name and dob
- Nature of medical issue (cataract consultation, yag laser, chalazion, etc)
- Urgency of the issue (need same day appointment, first available, etc)
WE ALSO NEED TO KNOW:
- Your referring physician’s name
- Your referring physician’s clinic notes
PLANNED CO-MANAGIMENT AFTER PROCEDURES:
- Patients can elect to return to their optometrists to receive their post-operative cares.
Please contact our business office for more information on co-management.
Patients with urgent medical or surgical needs are given priority in the appointment systems. Upon completion of the appointment, you will receive the following via fax/Direct Messaging:
- Encounter notes and planning
- Surgery outcome report/transition of care (if co-managed)